Brain Health Food & Exercises
Brain health food is important for your brain health at any age, but especially as you get older. The brain is a complex organ and is central to everything; from how much effort it takes you to remember to how quickly you complete a task and continuing on to how fast you problems.
Brain Health Food to Enhance Your brain health and nutrition for the mind
Your brain health is extremely impacted by your lifestyle. How well you manage stress, what you eat and drink, and the way you socialize are all significantly vital to your brain health. Here is why healthy nutrition is crucial for mental health and nimbleness.
- A diet high in inflammatory foods such as grains (wheat), sugar, dairy and processed foods can lead to inflammatory responses in the brain. Be sure to include plenty anti-inflammatory foods in your diet such as tomatoes, green leafy vegetables (spinach, kale, and collards), nuts (almonds and walnuts), fatty fish (salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines) and fruits (strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges).
- A diet low in healthy fats such as omega three oils, can result in a decline in mental sharpness.
- A poor diet that consists of TV dinners, fast food, and processed foods is very low in nutrition.
- Food additives such as monosodium glutamate (MSG), tartrazine, artificial colorants and artificial sweeteners can interfere with neurotransmitters, causing hyperactivity and lack of concentration, and can also lead to degeneration.
- A diet high in refined carbohydrates and sugar can distrub blood sugar and insulin levels.
Stretch your brain
Just as you stretch your muscles when you exercise to enable your body to be more agile and move faster, your brain needs stretching too so that your mind can achieve more out of life.
If you’re in need of any of the following, it’s time to exercise your brain:
- Better attention span
- Improved problem solving
- Quicker responses and processing
- Improved memory
What to do next
To more about brain health food and exercises or available treatment options to help you be your best self, call (919) 557-6400 to schedule an appointment with a Thrive Skin + Wellness skin specialist, or schedule a consultation online.